As you put the final touches on your website, you may want to consider getting your own domain name (aka .com or web address).
A custom domain adds a professional touch to your online presence, improves your site's brand and make it easier for visitors to find and remember you.
Check out these tips designed to help you find a great domain name for your site!
5 Tips for Choosing a Great Domain Name
- Keep it Short: Remember that many visitors will arrive at your website by typing your address directly into their browser bar. Aim for 20 characters or less to maximize your type-in traffic.
- Be Simple and Obvious: Make sure your domain is easy to remember and spell. If possible, it's best to err on the side of being straightforward.
- Avoid Numerals, Underscores and Hyphens If You Can: Adding numbers and non-alphabet characters to your domain name can cause confusion likely to result in lost traffic to your site.
- Consider Keywords and Cleverness: If your top domain choice is not available, consider adding a descriptive keyword as a starting point to brainstorm alternative ideas.
- Register Your Domain for Multiple Years: If your budget permits, registering your domain for multiple years can help your site rank higher with search engines like Google and secure the investment in your website brand.
Once you've found the perfect domain, setting it up with Vertito Hosting could not be easier! Your site will be live at your new domain within minutes of purchase and we automatically forward visitors to your new address.
Have fun finding your domain!
Vertito Support Team,
Need help? Head over to faqs.vertito.com to find helpful articles and videos, attend live training webcasts, chat with our experienced support agents, or submit a help request.
Need to change payment mode? Click the BDO or SMART logo from our website www.vertito.com.
Thursday, May 29, 2014